Run BCCD virtually
From BCCD 3.0
The instructions below are old. Please see the tutorial page for the latest instructions.
Mac OS X
These instructions have been verified for:
- a 2.26 Intel Core 2 Duo processor running Mac OS X version 10.6.8, BCCD version 3.3.0, and VirtualBox version 4.3.0 (113 MB).
- your specs here! Send us email at bccd-developers at bccd dot net if you have verified these instructions on your own system.
- Browse to the BCCD downloads page.
- Click the latest, 64-bit version.
- Browse to the VirtualBox downloads page.
- Click the x86/amd64 link next to OS X hosts.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Click the dmg file that was just downloaded.
- Wait for the dmg file to open.
- Click the Finder icon.
- Double-click the VirtualBox.pkg file.
- Follow the instructions (Keep clicking Continue, Install, and/or Close, and enter your admin password, until it finishes).
- Find VirtualBox in your Applications folder, or use spotlight to find it.
- Click the blue New button in the top left corner of the pop-up window.
- Enter bccd as the name, for the type choose Linux, and for the version, choose Other Linux (64-bit), and click Continue.
- Click Continue to choose the default memory size (512M).
- Click Create to create a new virtual hard drive.
- Click Continue to choose VDI.
- Click Continue to choose dynamically allocated.
- Click Create to finish creating the virtual HD.
- Click the orange Settings button at the top-left corner of the pop-up window
- Click the Storage tab.
- Under the Storage Tree, next to Controller: IDE, hover over the icons until you find the Add CD/DVD Device icon, and click it.
- Click Choose disk.
- Find and select the BCCD iso image you downloaded earlier.
- Click OK.
- Press the green Start button at the top-left corner of the window.
- You are now ready to run BCCD!