From BCCD 3.0
BCCDv3 -- Getting Started
While this cluster was designed with the Littlefe cluster in mind, it could be run on any x86 platform that can run Linux. Here's what you'll need for each of the two most common use-cases:
- A collection of computers (x86-based) connected to a common network.
- Each with either a CD drive or the ability to boot from a USB drive.
- An ethernet switch(es) with enough ports for all your cluster nodes.
- Either keyboard and video for the head node, or a separate machine that's plugged into the cluster network for `ssh`.
- 5GB hard drive or bigger.
- One Linux-supported Ethernet interface, which will be used for the internal cluster network, and a possible additional interface, which can be used to connect to an external network.
- The ability to boot from CD-ROM or USB drive.
- A single Ethernet interface. PXE capability is a definite plus, but you can generate floppy or CD images at the ROM-o-matic website if you have nodes with those kind of drives.
- 1 or more computers capable of running a virtual OS