From BCCD 3.0
BCCDv3 -- Basic Information
- Install Instructions
- User Instructions
- Frequently Encountered Problems
- Submitting bug reports
- Submitting feature requests
- Before submitting a report, please take a look at the currently open tickets and see if your issue is already known.
- If you are a known reporter or developer (i.e., you have been given login information for our Trac), please create a new ticket.
- Otherwise, send an email to
- In both cases, include the following information:
- Major version number (this is the first two numbers reported by bccd-version, e.g., 3.2)
- Revision number and date (this can be found by doing bccd-version in a running BCCD instance)
- Live or Liberated? (this can be found by doing cat /etc/bccd-stage in a running BCCD instance)
- What steps are necessary to reproduce the bug?
- What did you expect to happen?
- What actually happened?
Version: 3.0 Revision: r2300, 03/31/10 Both live and liberated The Life application does not appear to run with a single process while using MPICH2. Steps to reproduce: - Boot a single node (standalone or otherwise; appears to not matter) - Unload openmpi and load mpich2: -- module unload openmpi && module load mpich2 - Build Life: -- cd Life; make clean && make - Run with -np 1: -- mpirun -np 1 ./Life.mpi The Life display opens, but no changes ever happen. The display hangs like this until the user manually kills the process. Further inspection shows that the one Life process takes up 100% CPU and, as shown by strace, is in an infinite active polling loop.